Ethereum’s long-awaited “London” hard fork is expected to commence at around 19:55 am on Aug. 5 (UTC+8), with block 12,965,000.
The London hard fork may generate a new forked coin. HomiEx will support the upgrade with the following arrangements:
I. For Deposits and Withdrawals:
HomiEx has suspended the deposits & withdrawals on the ERC20 chain and withdrawals of ETH-HECO and ETH-BEP20, and will suspend the deposits & withdrawals of ETH-ERC20 and other ERC-20 based tokens on Aug. 5 at 18:00 (UTC+8). Please allow yourself sufficient time to accomplish your deposits and withdrawals before the suspension, and HomiEx will assist with the technical issues that happened during the hard fork.
II. About ETH Hard Fork
1. No forked coin after the hard fork: HomiEx will resume deposits & withdrawals of ETH and ERC 20-based tokens, after confirming the stability and security of the ETH mainnet. The resumption time will be shown in a further announcement.
2. New forked coin after the hard fork: if new forked coin reached the listing standard, HomiEx will distribute ETH tokens on the chain at a certain ratio to users. We will take a snapshot of users’ ETH holdings at the block height of 12,965,000, and distribute holding rewards to users proportionally based on the snapshot data. The holding rewards will be sent to the user’s wallet account. Users will be notified via a further announcement after the completion of the distribution.
The snapshot might be postponed, during the following situations that your assets might not be included in the snapshot data if
a: your ETH sell orders have been filled,
b: the deposits haven’t been credited,
c: the ETH withdrawals have been completed.
Please allow yourself sufficient time to accomplish your deposits and withdrawals during the snapshot period.
III. About Spot trading and margin trading of ETH and related assets:
• Spot trading: The assets of ETH and ERC20-based tokens and their spot trading will not be affected during the hard fork. As the hard fork may come with dramatic price fluctuations, please make prudent, informed decisions based on your own risk appetite.
• Margin Trading: While the loan service in Margin trading will be suspended from 16:00, Aug. 4 to 22:00, Aug. 5 (UTC+8), the trading (Cross Margin, Isolated Margin) will not be affected. As the hard fork may come with significant price fluctuations, which could cause asset liquidation, please please make prudent, informed decisions based on your own risk appetite.
1. The ETH assets in Spot Account, Margin account (exclude loans), contract account and sub-account will be counted into the parent account. The rewards will be distributed based on the holdings snapshotted in the parent account.
2. The hard fork is expected to commence at block 12,965,000, and the time in this announcement is for references only, which might be changed according to the BP speed. Please check for details: https://blog.ethereum.org/2021/07/15/london-mainnet-announcement/
Risk Warning: Investing in cryptocurrency is akin to be a venture capital investor. The cryptocurrency market is available worldwide 24 x 7 for trading with no market close or open times. Please do your own risk assessment when deciding how to invest in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. HomiEx attempts to screen all tokens before they come to market, however, even with the best due diligence, there are still risks when investing. HomiEx is not liable for investment gains or losses.
August 5, 2021